Oh, and on the Sarah Palin gaffe? Listen to the entire tape.... she
repeats the error twice. And it's not a treaty - it's only an armistice.
She really needs to learn the difference if she thinks she has a shot
at running in 2012.
I guess I better explain it - she states first that we need to stand by whatever North Korea decides to do before she states that we are bound by 'treaty' to support our North Korean allies.
*Know It All New York Liberal In California:
she's a fuckin moron, she'll never win...and if she does, I'm moving to another country
* Screaming Liberal: Pack me in your duffle, plz!
*Know It All: So I was thinking Thailand or the Philippines :)
(Steve's Note: I like how they pick corrupt unstable regimes rife with communists and drugs and porn)
*Screaming Liberal: Thailand!! My uncle spends a few months a year there!
* Know It All: sweet...I was leaning towards that :)
* Screaming Liberal: I figure if they're gonna keep on outsourcing our jobs anyways - I might as well go over there and work and live high on the hog! :D
At this point my dear friend, Conservative Voice of Reason, has heard enough and tries to defuse the Liberal Timebomb.
* Voice of Reason:
I confuse North & South all the time. You should hear me talking about the Dakotas. So I am obviously a moron. If y'all do move to Thailand or the Phillipines, I do hope y'all do something to help alleviate the devastating child prostitution issues in those nations. You'll have a lot more to complain about than Palin, Biden, & Obama's gaffes.
(Steve’s Note: Not to be thrown off once they smell blood in the water, the Liberals circle and avoid the lunacy of their rhetoric:)
* Screaming Liberal: Um, no. Go listen to the whole tape. Actually, listen to anything she says with a modicum of education, and you'll see just how stupid she is. And it *is* stupidity because she has been offered and had access to every form of education imaginable and she throws it away (as cited in several books to include the GOP financed 'Game Change'). So if this country as a whole is STUPID enough to destroy this country by handing it over to a lazy, selfish, conceited, self-righteous demagogue such as the Palin Klan, I think I just might go make things better in a third world country because this one sure as fuck doesn't deserve me if they pull that stunt. But they *do* deserve the self-destruction of the entire Republican Party that they are continuing to allow her to foster. You mark my words - she gets the nomination in 2012, and the party of Lincoln will go down in flames. I really don't want to see that because any country that has gone to such lengths has been destroyed. oh wait.
(Steve’s Note: Like we threw the country away by handing the controls over to the Dems in Congress and then drove the whole bus off the cliff by letting Obama take over? Talk about flushing the country down the shitter….your party is already in flames and you wanna talk about the GOP two years from now?)
*Fairly Harmless Independent: She's coming to my town next week. From what I hear, she'll be pretty much across the street from my house. I'm quite scared.
* Know It All: why doesn't anyone just take her out? she's just an embarrassment to the entire country...I hope she has a hunting accident or something and get's shot in the face...stupidity is contagious and she's spreading it far and wide...a good 80 percent (I'm being kind) of our country is filled with morons like her
(Steve’s Note: There you have it folks. Your nice, peaceful liberal calling for the murder of someone he doesn’t agree with.)
* Fairly Harmless Independent:If she goes hunting with Cheney that's a serious possibility!
* Know It All: someone should set them up on a playdate :)
(Steve’s Note: Again, calling for Palin’s death)
* Wet Behind The Ears Liberal: Despite the fact she's a walking trainwreck the media can't get enough of, she's not as popular with people, at least according to polls. Even within the Republican party. Why she continues to get coverage and airtime is beyond me.
And that was the end of the conversation. Here's Sarah Palin's side of it:
My fellow Americans in all 57 states, the time has changed for come. With our country founded more than 20 centuries ago, we have much to celebrate – from the FBI’s 100 days to the reforms that bring greater inefficiencies to our health care system. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to halt the rise of privacy, and Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a breathalyzer, or an inhalator. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…
Of course, the paragraph above is based on a series of misstatements and verbal gaffes made by Barack Obama (I didn’t have enough time to do one for Joe Biden). YouTube links are provided just in case you doubt the accuracy of these all too human slips-of-the-tongue. If you can’t remember hearing about them, that’s because for the most part the media didn’t consider them newsworthy. I have no complaint about that. Everybody makes the occasional verbal gaffe – even news anchors.
Obviously, I would have been even more impressed if the media showed some consistency on this issue. Unfortunately, it seems they couldn’t resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline. The one word slip occurred yesterday during one of my seven back-to-back interviews wherein I was privileged to speak to the American public about the important, world-changing issues before us.
If the media had bothered to actually listen to all of my remarks on Glenn Beck’s radio show, they would have noticed that I refer to South Korea as our ally throughout, that I corrected myself seconds after my slip-of-the-tongue, and that I made it abundantly clear that pressure should be put on China to restrict energy exports to the North Korean regime. The media could even have done due diligence and checked my previous statements on the subject, which have always been consistent, and in fact even ahead of the curve. But why let the facts get in the way of a good story? (And for that matter, why not just make up stories out of thin air – like the totally false hard news story which has run for three days now reporting that I lobbied the producers of “Dancing with the Stars” to cast a former Senate candidate on their show. That lie is further clear proof that the media completely makes things up without doing even rudimentary fact-checking.)
“Hope springs eternal” as the poet says. Let’s hope that perhaps, just maybe, they might get it right next time. When we the people are effective in holding America’s free press accountable for responsible and truthful reporting, then we shall all have even more to be thankful for!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!