Friday, August 4, 2006

I Love Me Some Me

I Love Me Some Me

You know, some people just love themselves too much. Many of these same people seem to live for feeding their own publicity machines. Perennially problematic notable media whore Terrell Owens, in a post-game interview, said once (or twice), “I love me some me". Sure, T.O., and everyone else in football thinks you're a pariah.
The United States Marines are the few, the proud, the ones who have to tell you time & again how great they are. Every Marine, current & former, has no shortage of hats, bumper stickers, flags, and t-shirts proclaiming their status as the most dangerous oxygen-burning carbon-based life form ever to grace this rock. Now, don't get me wrong; I love Marines, even though I was Army. My oldest friend in the world is a former Marine. But the self-propaganda machine amuses me. It's almost like they have Short Man Syndrome...the smallest branch of the military always puffing itself up. Look on any (and I do mean ANY) military t-shirt web page and the shirts for the USMC will outnumber the other services 5 to 1. Shameless self-promotion..... don't hate me, Chris!


Rush Limbaugh toots his own horn for 3 hours a day, telling his mindless sheeple zomboid listeners how great he is and how America would crumble into dust without him. You'd think that blowhard would have gone into the shitter after his Oxycontin scandal, but like Marion Barry, he fell into shit & came out smelling like a rose. It's funny how Limbaugh spent 8 years beating Bill Clinton like a gong, and the two of them have more in common than you'd think...they both are enamored of the sound of their own voices, both are beloved of throngs of dolts, and both came out of potentially career-ending fuck-ups more popular than ever.

No comments: