The guys on Beck's radio show love to poke fun at noted douchebag Adam Gadahn, known in fanatical Muslim circles as Gadahn the American or Azzam the American. He's an American of Jewish heritage who turned his back on his country and his upbringing to become an interpreter and stooge for Al Qaeda.
Yeah, really. This guy is a traitorous dirtball helping terrorists kill Americans by translating and by making propaganda videos. He also talks a lot like the comic actor Jim J. Bullock, which makes it really hard to take him seriously.
On May 29th, 2007 he released a video called "Al-Qaeda Video Warning to US by American Adam Gadahn", in which he listed five actions that then-President Bush and America as a whole must take in order to prevent future terrorist attacks.
- "Pull every last one of your soldiers, spies, security advisors, trainers, attachés, … out of every Muslim land from Afghanistan to Zanzibar …" (only he says it "Afwanistan"....)
- End "all support and aid, military, political, economic, or otherwise, to the 56-plus apostate regimes of the Muslim world, and abandon them to their well-deserved fate …"
- "End all support, moral, military, economic, political, or otherwise, to the bastard state of Israel, and ban your citizens, Zionist Jews, Zionist Christians, and the rest from traveling to occupied Palestine or settling there. Even one penny of aid will be considered sufficient justification to continue the fight."
- "… impose a blanket ban on all broadcasts to our region …"
- "Free all Muslim captives from your prisons, detention facilities, and concentration camps, regardless of whether they have been recipients of what you call a fair trial or not."
The Beck show often plays the first demand section from the video, much to my amusement. Gadahn's over-the-top sibilant lisp and the way they mock him has brought me to tears on several occasions. Here's a sample:
So that, my friends, is where I got that from for the little blurb under the blog's title. I've had a few inquiries as to what I was talking about, so I figured I would fill in the blanks.