Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Coming Out Day 2009


Yes, I run a Conservative bog. Yes, most Conservatives are against homosexuality. Yes, I'm a heterosexual male with a lot of friends in the GLBT community. Since when have I ever done what everyone else does?

Today is the annual celebration of National Coming Out Day, and I tip my hat today to all my gay friends. You are who you are and you love who you love.

Two of you I've known since high school. One of you was in the Army with me.

You've opened your homes to me and broken bread with me.

You accept me for who I am. I accept you for who you are.

That's the way it should be.

3 comments:

blackandgoldfan said...

Amen, Steve! I just wonder when the conservaphobia will end and we can all be seen for who WE really are: tolerant, loving, and inclusive people.

Kid said...

I'm right there with ya.

No one is going to tell me to have an intimate relationship with someone of the same sex, so to tell someone trapped in the wrong gender body they should do something just as repulsive is absurd.

Get over it folks.

Soloman said...

Agreed.

Now if we could just get the Democrat party to stop using our friends as a voting bloc..

Ahhh... nevermind...

Guess we'll just have to find a way to wake them up to who the real caring people in the world are!