Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good Riddance, O'Donnell



I hate Rosie. I mean absolutely despise her. Just thought you should know.

I don’t hate Rosie O’Donnell because she’s gay. I don’t hate her because she’s fat. I don’t hate for being rich & famous. I hate her because she’s a fucking ignorant twat.

I danced a merry jig when “Ro” decided to go cry in her tofu and not come back to The View after her hugely publicized snit with Elisabeth Hasselbeck a week or so ago. Finally, that bloated sack of protoplasm is off my TV screen, at least until some fucktard studio wonk gives her another show.

The argument between Hasselbeck and O’Donnell began over O’Donnell’s statement about the war: “655,000 Iraqi civilians had died. Who are the terrorists?” I guess she’s implying that everyone killed in Iraq died at the hands of our bloodthirsty soldiers, who slaughter babies and then dine on the marrow cracked from their bones.

Rosie is simply ignorant. She quotes inaccurate and highly exaggerated death figures and then blames the U.S. for those deaths when over 90% of Iraqi deaths have been caused by other Iraqis, and more would die with us leaving them in a vacuum than by us being there. Her figures are as bloated as her figure. Using her math, Iraq will be devoid of humans sometime in early fall 2009.

It seems another noted waste of skin who lost her own show, Ricki Lake, was on The View sucking Mama Rosie’s teat and sounding off against the troops. Ho’Donnell, who can’t have a debate without interrupting anyone, be it Donald Trump or her co-hosts, even interrupted her own crony:

O'DONNELL: Wait, can I just say something? Why do people enlist in the Army?

LAKE: To get an education, and they're poor-

O'DONNELL: Thank you.

LAKE: -and that's the only way to get one.

O'DONNELL: The vast majority- Yes, Elisabeth. It's true!

As the show’s token conservative, Hasselbeck responded harshly and Rosie continued to smear volunteer soldiers before she claimed that she does actually support the troops.

HASSELBECK: First of all, in the past year, the testing scores of our armed services have been higher than ever, so the education level-

O'DONNELL: You are wrong. We have more convicted felons in the Army because we're allowing them to get through.

HASSELBECK: So they're awful? They're awful then?

O'DONNELL: Elisabeth, I do everything I can to support the troops financially and emotionally. I love them as much as you do. I'm as much of a patriot. I want them home.


Oh, horse shit. Financially? Emotionally? Saying the war is wrong and that American fighting men and women are poor, uneducated babykillers isn’t exactly emotional support, “RoHo”. And going back to your big Hollywood home full of babies you bought on EBay because you’re rich enough to adopt a brood of kids while a sickening number of American soldiers’ families qualify for food stamps and have to take second jobs to make ends meet isn’t exactly financial support either.

Talk-show critics accused O’Donnell of calling U.S. troops terrorists. She called Hasselbeck “cowardly” for not saying anything in response to the critics, which set off their lengthy argument.

According to a recent study by the Heritage Foundation, military enlistees are "better educated, wealthier, and more rural on average than their civilian peers." Additionally, "recruits have a higher percentage of high school graduates" and "the distribution of household income of recruits is noticeably higher than the entire youth population."

As a former soldier, I am patently offended by her callous remarks. I may not have finished my degree, but my reasons are my own, and since I was carrying a 3.67 GPA when I left, it’s not like I was too stupid for college. I’d like to think I’m articulate and almost erudite, despite my penchant for the F-word. If I look back 20 years to my recruit class at Fort McClellan, we had several guys in my platoon with college educations, and every swingin’ Richard was a high school graduate. Last I checked, they’ve never been too keen on allowing convicted felons into any branch of the military, and most misdemeanors disqualify you as well. I know of a guy right now who’s been trying to re-enlist for awhile, an experienced non-commissioned officer and combat veteran who would be a huge asset to the Army right now, but has so far been denied because of a DUI conviction. The Pentagon is not clearing out America’s prison cells just yet looking for soldiers, because America’s best and brightest are still enlisting to serve their country.


Seems that every time Rosie opens up her Clam Rest as of late, she’s saying something stupid. Her fight with Donald Trump started when Trump decided to give a second chance to former Miss USA Tara Conner after she got busted on various alcohol charges. Big deal; it’s HIS pageant. He owns it. If he wants to be magnanimous and give a fucked- up kid a second chance, it’s his prerogative.

Then she outed Clay Aiken on national TV like she’s the self-appointed Gay Crusader. When Aiken, who has never once anywhere said whether he’s gay or not, was hosting Live With Regis & Kelly, he put his hand over Kelly Ripa’s mouth, and Ripa jokingly said that she didn’t know where his hand had been. She was referring to the fact it was cold & flu season and didn’t want to take any errant germs home to her kids. And Rosie The Gay Crusader waddled into action to say Ripa was being homophobic. So are you outing Clay Aiken? The dude has never said he’s gay, so he’s got every right to sue her ample ass for libel.

Y’know, it’s funny. I never thought Ellen Degeneres was funny till she came out of the closet. Her sitcom was okay, but was lacking something. She came out as gay and suddenly she was hilarious. It’s like the funny switch was turned on because she was no longer living a lie. She was comfortable enough & free enough to be who she was, and who she was turned out to be funny. It’s a damned shame her show got shitcanned a few weeks after she came out. Now Rosie on the other hand, was moderately funny on her show. I even gave her serious kudos for promoting one of my favorite bands, Erasure. Then she came out, and became a total absolute bitch. Maybe coming out freed her up to be who she really is? Queen of Nice, my ass. I have gay friends who are embarrassed to the core because of her actions, in the same way many Southerners are embarrassed by trailer trash on the Jerry Springer Show. It’s not an accurate representation of a segment of society, but it leaves a lasting impression.

So now O’Donnell has opted not to come back for her final 3 weeks on The View. Good fucking riddance. Just stay out of rural Alabama. The local 11-year olds carry guns and are out to bag the next Hogzilla.

No comments: