Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Honest, I'm not on welfare...



Today we revisit Nadya Suleman, my new favorite fruitcake, who gave birth to octuplets a couple weeks ago. Nutty as a squirrel turd, her addiction to collecting babies makes Angelina Jolie’s menagerie look positively tame by comparison. At least Jolie can afford to buy the children she’s collecting in addition to the ones she births. Since she has no income, Mizz Squirrel Turd has said that she intends to use student loans to care for her brood of 14 children, all under the age of 8.

Ann Curry of NBC deserves an award for not reaching across the table and beating her with a frozen cod fish during their interview.

“Do you have any income at all?” Curry asked Suleman during her interview.

“At the moment, no,” Suleman replied, adding that she intended to use student loans “temporarily” to pay for her family’s care.

“Right now, you don’t have an income to provide for your children?” Curry repeated.

“Probably just with the student loans,” Suleman said. “I am providing for my children. I am. And that will probably run out by the time I go back to school. So I have my own way. It’s an alternative way, but it works.”

Hell, it’s also FRAUD. Last I checked, you were supposed to use student loans for school-related expenses, didn’t you? She just admitted she’s not in school so then how is she getting student loans other than by defrauding the system? Enquiring minds wanna know.

All of Suleman’s children are under the age of 8, and she now has 10 children under the age of 2. According to a report from The Los Angeles Times, three of her older children have disabilities and receive Supplemental Security Income. In addition, Suleman reportedly receives $490 a month in food stamps from the state of California.

Michael Furtney, a publicist for Suleman, told The Associated Press that Suleman does not think of the public funds she does receive as welfare. “In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare,” he said. “They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare.”

So she’s delusional, too? And wait…she has no income but has a frikkin’ publicist? How the hell is she paying for a publicist? I knew lawyers occasionally did pro bono work but do publicists do it too? Usually when someone gets involved with a goat rope of this magnitude, they really aren’t doing it pro bono for the client, but pro bono for their own publicity and reputation.

During the interview with Curry, Suleman said, "I'm not receiving help from the government. I'm not trying to expect anything from anybody. [I] just wanted to do it on my own. Any resources that someone would really, really want to help us, I will accept, I would embrace.”

“I’m responsible. I am not on welfare,” she told Curry. “I don’t want to disparage or seem like I’m disparaging any individual who uses welfare as a form of a resource. It can be a valuable resource. I’ve chosen never to go on welfare. I feel that it is my responsibility to do what I can to provide for my children.”

I’m not receiving help from the government, other than student loans, food stamps, and SSI, you mean. I wanna do it on my own, but will gladly take charity from anyone who wants to give it, thusly not really doing it on my own. Again, this chick is delusional.

Curry told Suleman that many people think she had the octuplets in the hope of making money off her story.

“That's funny how untrue that is,” Suleman said. “Money? Money is necessary to raise children. But it's — it's paper. It is paper. To me, it is superfluous in contrast to the importance of my kids.”

So then why was she shopping herself out to Oprah hoping to get two million?

Yeah, sister, it’s just paper, but your goofy ass is costing us taxpayers a lot of paper.

Dr. Nancy Snyderman, NBC’s chief medical editor, has estimated that the cost of delivering the octuplets and keeping them in neonatal intensive care until they are ready to leave the hospital will be $1.5 million to $3 million. That’s a lot of paper. The Los Angeles Times has reported that Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, where the babies will remain for several weeks, has asked California’s medical insurance program, Medi-Cal, to pay the tab. That means that her kids will have been paid for and subsidized by…you guessed it…DING DING DING!!!!!! the taxpayers of California. But she’s doing it on her own without governmental assistance, right?

She used to work, once upon a time.

“I was able to work double shifts, constantly working double shifts. I was hoarding my money, nonstop working. I really didn’t have much of a social life,” Suleman said. “My friends would go, ‘Are you saving for a house, a car?’

“ ‘No, I’m saving for babies.’ ” (Since you can buy them?)

After trying for seven years to get pregnant, Suleman turned to in vitro fertilization, paying for “several” of the procedures she has undergone with the money she saved.

Curry asked how much money she spent on in vitro procedures.

“I don’t know. I would say close to 100,” Suleman replied.

“A hundred thousand dollars?” Curry asked.

“Probably,” Suleman said. “Yeah, definitely.”

So she was able to squirrel away a hundred large to pay for starting her baby collection but couldn’t set anything aside for maintaining the collection? Great.

How much of the latest economic goat-rope disguised as a stimulus package will have to be diverted to paying for her kids?

As for myself, I have no biological children. Seems that I never needed to have any because people like The Baby Collector had them for me. And I don’t need to raise any kids of my own, because I’m already paying for kids like these, and for illegal aliens too, but that’s another story.

1 comment: