Thursday, February 19, 2009

Once an attention 'ho, always...



Well, once again attention-whore Al Sharpton is screaming the Race Card crap that he’s famous for. This time he’s bringing all kinds of reinforcements crying Racism, jumping to the conclusion that a political cartoon in Wednesday’s New York Post referencing police shooting Travis The Insane Chimp and the Obama Succubus Package in the same breath means that a white man is calling a half white man a monkey.

"How could the Post let this cartoon pass as satire?" said Barbara Ciara, president of the National Association of Black Journalists. "To compare the nation's first African-American commander in chief to a dead chimpanzee is nothing short of racist drivel."

State Sen. Eric Adams called it a "throwback to the days" when black men were lynched.

Sharpton called the cartoon "troubling at best given the historic racist attacks of African-Americans as being synonymous with monkeys." He added: "Being that the stimulus bill has been the first legislative victory of President Barack Obama ... and has become synonymous with him, it is not a reach to wonder: are they inferring that a monkey wrote the last bill?... The Post should at best clarify what point they were trying to make, or in fact reprimand their cartoonist."

Go back under your rock Sharpton, and take your asshole friends with you. You’ve had zero credibility ever since the Tawana Bradley episode and you’ve been milking the tit of racism for 20 years to stay in the spotlight. You liberal flakes spent 8 years calling George Bush everything from a war-mongering baby-killer to an outright retard and then you look for any and every reason to cry racism if anyone dares disagree with your Chosen One.

1. Obama didn’t write the Succubus Package. You know it and I know it. Nasty Pelosi and Dirty Harry Reid wrote it.
2. With the monkey dead, the caption refers to the old maxim of a hundred monkeys banging away on a hundred typewriters, they’d eventually come up with the works of Shakespeare, or more appropriately: The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. So the cartoon pokes fun at the ponderous 11,000 page stimulus that would have one less author, were there to be a sequel. Which I'm sure there will be.
3. I have something in common with President Obama that you don’t, Al. We both have white mothers.Everyone loves to say that President Obama is black while forgetting he's half white.

Granted, I'm a white guy of European ancestry, and I can't exactly say I know what it's like to grow up as a black man in America. I did grow up the only white kid on the block though, and believe me when I say that I've seen my own share of descrimination directed towards myself in my nearly 40 years, whether it be anti-white or even anti-American.

But quit looking for racism that isn’t there. The man won the election fair and square, by a big margin, so quit playing some bullshit conspiracy theory. And as you all read this, save your accusations of racism against me. Yes, I think it’s great that America elected a man with African heritage. As a kid, I really did figure I’d see it in my lifetime, and I was right. But quit emphasizing the African, and instead focus on the American. He’s an American first, regardless of ancestry, just as I’m an American, who happens to have European ancestry. Things work a lot better when we worry less about what makes us different instead of seeing what makes us the same.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Sharpton is a race hustler, plain and simple, just as Booker T. Washington described.

What an ass.