Thursday, July 16, 2009

The product of affirmative action?


I almost spit my tea across my windshield today. Whilst listening to the Schnitt Show on the radio, host Todd Schnitt kept playing the now infamous quote from soon-to-be-Supreme Court Jester Sonia Sotomayor, who looks like a bad copy of Mindy Cohn playing Natalie from Facts of Life.

"I'm the product of Affirmative Action..."

What a zipperhead. So you freely admit that you aren't really all that qualified to be a judge, let alone a Justice, and the only reason your ass got where you are today is because of Affirmative Action?

No wonder you voted against letting those firefighters in Connecticut get their promotions based on merit and test scores because no blacks scored high enough to get promoted...you believe in promotion based solely on race and not ability to do a job.

Wise Latina, my ass.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I don't think I'd ever admit that I got somewhere through special treatment.

But then again, I have this thing called pride...

Steve: The Lightning Man said...

I agree, Krys, but they have no pride...or more rather, their pride is wrapped up in the scheme of cheating The Man and getting over on The System.

"Look at me...I got over on the man. I played the race/gender/sexual orientation/mental health/socioeconomic card and POOF here I is!"