Sunday, October 25, 2009

Political Burnout


Ugh.

Once again I find myself burned out on politics. If it seems that as of late I haven't been posting much new material or been making the rounds and commenting on other folks' blogs, it's because I'm mentally fried. For the past 2 or 3 weeks everyone's been doing nothing but writing about politics and Obama and the Left; it became so redundant that I just stopped reading.

It's not a diss to the writing skills of my fellow bloggers, believe me. I'm just burnt out on the subject matter. Admit it; the Net is saturated. Yes, politics is important and yes our current administration is a disaster, but I need the dead horse to grow some meat on the bones again before I start flogging it all back off.

Thusly, I had to take a few days off from the Blogosphere. I really haven't been checking in with the blogs I follow, or commenting. I even went & re-posted a couple of my older posts from yesteryear to keep from writing about politics.

Fear not, friends. The usual snark & venom will return soon enough.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Don't worry I am a little burnt out myself. I am working on an article sort of politics related but more as to why I am not happy with the Church I belong to(Catholic), and why I disagree with their turn toward liberalism. What are some different topics that you would like to hear about?
I hope taking a break from all the madness helps you out.

Soloman said...

Enjoy the break... I have disappeared a few days here and there, and I've only had a blog for a few months now!

I do sort of what you did with the music post - every Friday I have 'Friday Night Videos' (remember that show?) and while there may be a tie in to current events, it's a diversion.

I've also been critiquing the hypocrisy of the left (most specifically MSNBC) as of late, because it's a gift that keeps on giving. Plus Sundays for a few more weeks I've got my NASCAR update...

Enjoy..

Anonymous said...

Me too. Politics and house guests have worn me out. :(