Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's so offensive about the American flag? (From Bungalow Bill)



I caught this article over at Bungalow Bill's page (www.bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)

"Isn’t it sad the red, white, and blue has become nearly as offensive in this country as Jesus Christ? My grandfathers fought for all that is good that the flag stands for, as many other fathers and grandfathers in this country. I know I have many readers whose family’s have sacrificed for the flag as well. Yet, we all have to put up with stories like what happened at the Oaks Apartments in Albany, Oregon.

Jim Clausen, who has a son fighting in Iraq, flies his American flag on his motorcycle and his car, his own personal property. The Oaks Apartment management demanded him take it off his car and motorcycle or face eviction. That’s right, he can’t fly them on his own personal property without the threat of the little weasels running the apartment complex.

“This flag stands for all those people," said Clausen. "It stands for the people that can no longer stand - who died in wars. That's why I fly this flag."

He isn’t the only resident to face the threat. Sharon White also flies the flag on her car, her own personal property, and has received threats of eviction also for flying Old Glory.

The Oaks management explained, “someone might get offended.” Would someone please tell me why it is now offensive to fly the flag in our own country? I think I would be moving if I were these residents, and may I recommend painting the flag on the walls before you leave. Of course you will lose your security deposit, but I will assure you it will be well worth it when the management walks into the apartment’s door. For the rest of you Patriots, don’t waste your time looking at any of the apartments in the Albany area ran by the same people who run the Oaks Apartments. Our flag is sacred, and there are too many people who have died for the flag to put up with their crap."


Well, gang....I think that the nation owes the management & owners of this apartment complex a call or letter. Let these folks know that it's NOT okay to sully the symbol of our nation, a flag that I and many of my fellow bloggers have defended in the military. This is OUR country and OUR flag. We're taking it back.

The Oaks Apartment Complex can be found at:
1140 Geary Circle SE
Albany, OR 97322
(541) 967-1284

3 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

Thanks for posting the address.

Candle said...

I saw this today - made my blood boil. You know, I wouldn't want to live in any neighborhood with people offended by our flag - for my own personal safety (and maybe theirs). Did I say that out loud?

Anonymous said...

I should be angry. I'm more sad for the death of a country I love.