Monday, December 21, 2009

Goodbye, Miz Murphy


I liked Brittany Murphy. She was funny, quirky, cute, talented, and too damned young to die.

Most everyone knows her from her acting, and from cartoon voice-overs. But for the last couple years I've had a song that she recorded as a permanent part of my MP3 player playlist. Not everyone listens to dance club/techno/house music, especially in my over-40 peer group, but I absolutely love the genre, and Brittany Murphy provided some great vocals on the Paul Oakenfold single ,"Faster Kill Pussycat", released in March 2006. The girl had some pipes on her.

My condolences go out to her husband & family.

Rest in peace, Murph. You'll be missed.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That was an interesting video.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Steve: The Lightning Man said...

It's a great song. This is the kind of stuff I jam to on my commute when there's no talk radio in range, or when I'm working in the freezer by myself.